BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one been there yet, was there yesterday, all I can say is wow, good thing the wife was with me or we'd be eating KD the rest of the week, great selection, really like the camping department, and the fishing dept. is well awesome, tons of rods reels, and what a flyfishing section specially the fly tying dept, 4 isles of goodies, any ways the grand opening is the 28th of this month, and we will see what kind of prices we have. So far from what ive seen its pretty comparable to other stores, but cant really say as it was a soft opening and prices werent on the majority of stuff anyways. Check it out I did and it made me all warm inside.....ask my wife....lol:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
My friend and I went on Saturday and spent sometime looking around there. I tried to call you but your phone was off. My friend got a reel for sturgeon fishing. Rick, the fishing department manager, was really nice and helpful. I'll sure go again on the Grand Opening.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
If its anything like the store in Edmonton of which has been my favorite store for yrs now.Have bought alot of stuff there,great quality,selection and prices on everything for the outdoors.Great news,finally a store closer to home.

·
Registered
901 Posts
it looks pretty good. the gun and ammo rack is lacking right now but they have only 60 percent of the stock they will have. once the grand opening comes ill go back for a closer look.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
I have gone to the one in Nanaimo a few times and yes ending up spending a few dineros more than I should have. I bought a Plueger 9/10 weight anodized aluminum fly reel and 10 weight Amundsen fly rod for $130!! They spooled it up with backing and 25 pound Maxima Ultrgreen and now its my new trolling combo for salmon. Very helpful staff and good deals. I still like going to the Army and Navy though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I checked out the one in Kamloops a couple of weeks ago. Pretty nice store!! can be dangerous $$. Where abouts is the new one in Langley located?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was just there and I know wear I will be spending my cash on toys from now on... Still not allot of price tags on everything though.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It took about a month for the store in Nanaimo to get all their prices and stock sorted out, so don't be in a rush. Every time I drive through Nanaimo I have to stop in there, just to check it out and I never leave without purchasing something. Their fly tying section is very well stocked and if they don't have what you want, they'll order it pronto (usually have it in 5-6 days). I've stopped going to my local shops unless I absolutely have to have something because I ran out and can't wait...other than that, I'll order it online through one of the forum advertisers or wait for a shopping trip to Wholesale Sports.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've been into the Kamloops store quite a few times and the Nanaimo store a couple of times. As others have mentioned, they have lots of stock. It's sort of the Walmart of sporting goods.

However, I have not found their prices to be noticeably better than the local shops. Furthermore, the staff in the fishing section (at least in the Kamloops store) are typically teenagers with limited knowledge.

Personally, I prefer to support my local shops. I like the relationship that you build with the staff and the knowledge they share. I will visit Wholesale Sports to poke around and pick up the occasional item I can't find elsewhere.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya there, when I was in the store on Sunday I asked if they had any noodle rods as my daughter is lookin for one, I got a real strange look from the wee guy.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Guys

Looking forward to checking it out I have been getting their catalog for years will be nice to actually go into the store

CP

·
Registered
18 Posts
I drove by this new store just the other day and almost drove off the road stretching my neck to see the name. I had no idea this store was opening and now I've been waiting for the weekend to go and check it out.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i stopped in for a look yesterday, nice store, pretty decent selection, the prices did not get me too excited though

·
Registered
137 Posts
i hope they take notes ..we went there today and they still need to get some stuff for the local fisheries because they didn't have alot of stuff we were asking for..but it will be a nice addition to the market place..

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've been a couple of times...no earth shattering deals or anything, but I find it nice to look at fishing stuff and shooting stuff all in one store. They even look like they have a half decent selection of reloading supplies.

Rick Stahl is also an Assistant Manager there now...probably meaning their flyfishing section is going to get to a good selection of stuff fairly quick.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've checked it out as well and was very impressed with their fly fishing section, very well stocked. Their prices aren't anything to get excited about, but not a bad store, although I still prefer the local shops.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts