BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the lake for a few hours mid day today with a friend. Once we found where the fish were hiding we started hitting them pretty good! The wind was tough to fish through, but I came out with 5 fish to the boat and about as many lost. They seem bigger than the regular stocked trout, about 10-14 inches and boy do they fight :thumbup: They were doing all kinds of flips and jumps, and they hit so hard they almost took the rod right out of the boat :eek:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
ha ha ha i used to swim there and never saw any fish in that lake but i did see tons of frogs and tadpoles

if you dont mind where on the lake were you fishing and what were you using

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha ya theres lots of tadpoles in there too. There is a deep hole on the east side of the lake, and they were concentrated in the hole, and along the eastern most edge of it. Anything greeny yellow seemed to work, they didn't seem picky. I caught a few on a green wooley worm, then one of them bent the hook ??? A yellow damsel seemed to be the best I guess. Good luck if you head out. :cheers:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yeh it's a sleeper alright. Caught lots of nice Cutts & Bows there over the years. The Crappie fishing is going down though, use to bring 40 to 50 to the boat, fishing dries on August evenings, but that was twenty years ago. Even though the numbers are about half what they use to be I still tell my students that Whonnock is the best lake fishery in the lower mainland.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts