BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Yes good point Jim! Some of you might have noticed that we sometimes split the topics but we can't always catch them all. Piggy backing someones report is almost like highjacking someones post. If you are posting a report, start a new topic! Leave the other posts along! :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Maybe it goes back to the sockeye season with a hundred posts saying the Fraser today or sockeye this or sockeye that. I guess that people are tagging there posts to some thing close or having the same title so we don't see 100 Vedder today posts. I can remember some members complaining about that earlier. :2cents:

·
Registered
507 Posts
If someone has already started a post that's like "the vedder today",I don't see anything bad with putting my report under the same topic if i fished the specific water,i think if you fished a different water then start your own thread .I agree with salmonator it wouldn't be nice seeing 100's of" the vedder today"or similar.
But if you have questions or anything not related to the topic,you should start your own thread or send a PM to the pearson and ask.After all, sombody said this site is called BRITISH COLUMBIA FISHING REPORTS
compared to how many members this site has,not many reports are posted on daily basis, anyways,it seems like that everybody is afraid that someone else is going to catch their steelhead.Post your daily reports people I would love to read it,probobly just like anyone else here would,I hope i am right.Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
ribolovac said:
If someone has already started a post that's like "the vedder today",I don't see anything bad with putting my report under the same topic if i fished the specific water,i think if you fished a different water then start your own thread .
The problem is that someone posts a thread "Vedder Today" on January 15, reporting on the Steelhead he landed in gin clear water and sunny kies. Someone else, on say Jan 18 catches another steelhead in low vis water and cloudy sky, and adds it to "Vedder Today". Then someone else on Jan 23, in the middle of a snowstorm adds that the fishing was terrible and they didn't touch a thing. Those three reports are not related in any way, save the water that was fished. Personally I think if you are going to post a "Vedder today" type report you should include the date in the title, but at any rate members should be able to find up to date reports without having to dig through threads that were started 2 or 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If everyone with a question just PMs the original poster then a lot of info will never make it to this forum. Sure some threads are sidetracked but that only really happens with debates. I agree that dates should be part of the thread title, Ive seen on other forums that I visit for 4x4ing info that there are ways to have the thread start date near the thread title. Maybe this could be done on this forum? So like the link that one would click on for this thread is "Why all the piggyback posts" maybe just below that we could have the members name and start date?

I just noticed that a spell check was added! GREAT IDEA!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.