BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds pretty lame, but on two occaisions, I have been putting up a lengthy post or report and "POOF"....gone.......no way to retrieve?
I know I should do a word document and cut/paste, (forgot again) but do others know that as well?....Perhaps the exact timing on the log out could be discussed somewhere so others don't get frustrated as well.
If you start a post, then come back to it some time later, as soon as you touch the keyboard......gone! It will have been erased...............Grrrrrrrrr........Ortho 8)

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Hey ortho, this has happened to me aswell. What I do if I am doing a post and have to leave for a while then come back; before I post it, copy it and paste it to note pad, just in case. :confused: This is just how the program works, I beleive it automaticly logs you off for security reasons?

:cheers: Rick

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Ortho, at the bottom of the site page, BEFORE you log in, there is a box you can check. It states: "Always stay logged in"...I think if you check that box, it will solve your problem with the posts...otherwise, I can only offer this advice...

I once lost a nice little article I had written because I had strayed away from the computer, when I returned it bumped me off of the site. I clicked the "back" button a couple times and was able to view what I had typed, so I highlighted all the script, right clicked and "copied" the item, and then went back and logged into the site, and pasted it once more. it has saved me once or twice...

Ever since then, if I am going to step away from the computer for any length of time, I always right click and copy what I have written. This has worked for me thus far.

Hope that helps...

rib

· Registered
3,796 Posts
ribwart said:
Ortho, at the bottom of the site page, BEFORE you log in, there is a box you can check. It states: "Always stay logged in"...I think if you check that box, it will solve your problem with the posts...otherwise, I can only offer this advice...

rib
This would explain why I have never had this happen to me. I am always logged on as long as I keep the browser open at this site.

· Registered
225 Posts
This has happened to me a couple of times and I have checked the the 'always stay logged on' box, I'll be in the middle of a long rant and 'poof' gone, kind of irritating to say the least as my typing skills tend towards the painfully slow, but maybe it's a good thing, has probably stopped me from inserting my foot to far into mouth :happy:

· Registered
3,796 Posts
fishortho said:
Just getting some pictures from Kenny's camera and then I will package up for the board......Ortho 8)
Man, this is worse than waiting for Santa. How many sleeps you figure it's going to be!!!! :wallbash:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.