BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I did some research on Widgeon a ways back.... It gets all the salmon, steelies and cutts... I don't know about the numbers though. Appearently the camping is really nice, but as I never ended up going up there I don't know how the fishing actually is..... The key I guess would be to find someone who knows the run timing, although even if it is later in the season there should be the odd steelie in there right now, and at least in the spring I know that cutties will move up in there picking off salmon fry... Anyway, hope this helps....
Rib

·
Registered
247 Posts
:D was fishing in pitt lake about 25 yrs.ago and trolling past the first island and hooked up a fish that took about 1/2 hr to get to the boat. when it broke thru the water at the stern it looked like about a 3and a 1/2 foot long bullhead, scared the crap out of me and got accidently hit with the net and went bye bye. never seen anything like it and i still see it clearly as if it happened yesterday

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I would be interested in any info on widgeon. Were to fish? up in the creek pools or below in the "canal"? I might head up there next weekend for a nice canoe ride!

·
Registered
233 Posts
a definate must to canoe and fish up there. did it 2 summers ago. beautiful place. caught a few dollies or bulls in the deep deep pools on wedding bands. :wink:

B

·
0 Posts
wagonmaster said:
:D was fishing in pitt lake about 25 yrs.ago and trolling past the first island and hooked up a fish that took about 1/2 hr to get to the boat. when it broke thru the water at the stern it looked like about a 3and a 1/2 foot long bullhead, scared the crap out of me and got accidently hit with the net and went bye bye. never seen anything like it and i still see it clearly as if it happened yesterday
That is crazy. I've caught some decent-sized bullhead in my day but nothing anywhere close to that. I'm not familliar with Pitt Lake, but do you think maybe it was a burbot or something else? If not that sounds like a record bullhead. Sucks that it got away.. :?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hey Cody, where abouts did you fish at widgeon? did you hike up past the campsite to the upper pools or did you fish in the canal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts