BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what everyones catch ratio of wild to hatchery fish, for me this season i have landed 4 wild and 3 of them have been hatch, i am guessing there is slightly more hatchery out there but dont know?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The last several years have seen the number of clipped fish released go down on some systems,while the hatcheries know how many hatchery fish they have released it is pretty hard for them to know how many actually return to spawn and it is even more difficult to determine how many wild fish there are,if you want to increase your chances of getting a hatchery from the vedder spend your time fishing the lower river ,if you fish mostly in the upper river ,while catching hatchery fish is still possible,it is more remote due to the fact a good percentage of them are caught before they even get to the upper portions.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
only one hatchery Coho out of a bunch (didnt count) all fly caught :thumbup:

steelhead i have one hatchery and thats it so far. Last year first fish was a hatch then the rest all wild :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
If we are talking the well known local flow, your results will vary with the river section you fish. I like the mid most of my fish are wild. If you talk to guys who fish the flow below the crossing they may be finding more clipped fish.

Just my expiriences. :2cents:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.