BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out the west side of Bowen last Thursday and Friday and got 4 legals in the two days. Tried Tuesday this week out there but nothing and came into the QB at the end of the day and got 2 undersized and one legal in 45 minutes. Prawns and crabs good just off Horseshoe Bay. Army Truck Gypsy spoon continues to be my best producer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Friday was very productive in the harbour. Worked the QB for an hour with nothing. So I moved into the pink building and trolled toward the bridge. Depth ranged from 80-110 feet. Riggers right on the bottom. Had a nice 10 pounder to the back of boat but was too anxious to get him in and lost him. Then released an undersized and got two keepers in the 8lb range. All hits were within 45 min and all between the pink building and the ambleside boat ramp. All on my favorite spoon the camoflauge gypsy. Weather looks like crap this week but we'll see. A little snow never hurt any one :)

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
While I was enjoying a walk around the sea wall today, I noticed an angler in a small boat trolling the mouth of the cap. Do you think he was targeting winter springs or what?

Here's anther question, if winters are considered residents, where and when do they spawn? Do they head for the rivers like the larger migratory fish we see in June to September?

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
While I was enjoying a walk around the sea wall today, I noticed an angler in a small boat trolling the mouth of the cap. Do you think he was targeting winter springs or what?

Here's anther question, if winters are considered residents, where and when do they spawn? Do they head for the rivers like the larger migratory fish we see in June to September?
Anyone?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they are the teenagers. basically they are a year or two short of spawning. that's the reason why they taste so good. the nutrients aren't being burned off in the spawning process. you are getting a nice fresh fish not one getting ready to spawn. down side is you have to wade through a lot of undersized to get them big enough to keep...but boy do they taste good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.