BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
winter fishery

hello all , the winter chinooks should start showing up soon hey, last year i started getting into a few in early december, havent heard much lately about the local fishing lately, has anyone been out? , anything going on out there? any reports would be much appreciated.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: winter fishery

hey thanks for the feedback pippen, iam looking forward to a prolific winter fishery. ive recently moved over to gabriola so ill be splitting my time there and in the city and using my boat to make the crossing. been learning alot about the fishing around nanaimo,gabe,thrasher etc. have you had much experience fishing these areas, and if so any tips.? cheers :cheers:

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Re: winter fishery

I'll find a message sent to me from BigJay that I saved some time ago. (hope that is okay Jason.....it is a bit of a "lay of the land" you sent me a couple of years ago when I was headed to Tugboat for the regatta/beerfest)

The spring/early summer is a good time off Thrasher. BigJay has fished over there a lot and also look at this website from a guide/charter based out of Silva Bay.

http://www.silverbluecharters.com/

If you ever need a "body" to head out with ya I just got a brand new mooching set up and am good to go all the time.....rain/sleet/snow/sun!! :peace:

I'll send it to you on PM when I find it. Don't want to have all the "lurkers" floodin' your area. As far as prawning goes you can have great success, but once the commercial guys get started in June the area can get raped pretty badly. I have been involved in a regatta that sails over to Silva Bay (Tugboat Island, RVYC outstation) and we have prawned out off that area and it has been slim pickin's. You will see reports from SilverBlue that they pretty much don't waste their time prawning in the close vicinity once the commercial guys have done their part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.