BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one been out in Quatsino lately, we're going out there next week and would like to find the Marble River run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah i heard something to do with redtide fish werent in or something cuase of it.
but they our in now heard there slaying the springs up there and coho our back this year.
gonna go up there on the aug 3rd to 6th.hopefully it wont be blowin out get up there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Good luck. We'll be there the 11th -14th I don't want to miss the Marble run this year let us know how you do when you get back. C :twisted:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm heading that way on Monday the 14th. Will post when we're back around the 19th. and let you know what's what.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SWC Here's your report the hogs are in there was a 40lb caught at the Cain Island Light house yesterday We we picking those guys up about 5 6 miles out on Sunday so there will be some hogs inside if it's blowing outside, don't worry about the wind forecast we had the same thing forcasted for us and we were able to get out offshore everyday the mornings are usually calm enough around 10 or 11 the wind should pick up. We easily limited on Springs releasing anything under 25lb I got a 38 and a 32 bang bang one after another My bro got his first tyee yesterday. One windy afternoon we went jigging for halis we hooked a freaking monster the thing eventually broke off the 120lb tough line the hali must have been over 200lb it was crazy. Anyways I'm jealous I just want to go back there what a trip. Good luck to you. Oh yeah we were even lucky enough to get a sockeye, barbecued that baby last night. Have Fun

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Killer thanks for the report. Were you 5-6 miles off the lighthouse staright out? That's where we were in June. Where did you hook into that hali? What did you find to be the best lure for you for the big springs? Any Coho? Did you try Kains or Cliffe point yourself? Appreciate the help! Sounds like a greta trip and I will post upon my return on the 23rd, we leave Sat night! Woo Hooo!!!

SWC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the two biggest fish 5-6 out off the light house, We were using a homemade hootchie needle fish patern they're feeding on Needle fish and Pilchards so blue hootchies green hootchie paterns I was using a 6.0 coyote spoon green and white it was getting alot of fish but a homemade needlefish patern hootchie I had was getting all the big fish. Got a couple coho and smaller 10-20lb fish on the coyote, ANd sorry can't tell you where we got the Hali. We fished Kains and got the coho didn't fish Cliffe but it will probably be good when you're there

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any new reports on the springs and coho inside the sound? Heading up Saturday and can't wait!! Hey Killer I appreciate the help, those neddlefish hootchies you were using were they the regular size ones you buy in the store just a blue and green stuffed together? Did you try and bait up there? Thanks

SWC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts