BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided with this weather we were having that would probably be a good idea to spend some time on the Cow, ya just cant beat the Tuesday crowds :thumbup:
Hit the first pool at first light and it was cold! not too much moving around and eyes icing up every few casts. We fished till the sun started to show then moved on. We hit the next spot and continued flipping casts in the sunshine which was far better than the first couple hours! 8)
I had lost confidence in the single egg/wool combo (which is the go to) cause I had some stuff go on but just couldnt hook them. I decided to stand in the sun for a sec and have a smoke and decided to go back to the basics.... there had to be something there. While on my break the creel survey guy came up and I was informed again that there just isn't much going on in that system. They headed off and I got back at her, this time I was flipping the simple wool tie.
First cast afterwards:

Was pretty stoked about the little brown round 12 inches, was the first that I have actually caught even though it seems everyone I know gets them when I am there.
The next cast the float dives at the same spot and set the hook and nuthing. Thinkin that it was a fish I cranked it in quickly to recast...........while reeling it in, it gets heavy :confused:

A nice 6lb fresh wild doe to show for it ::) ;D
Then shortly after I ran into Ribs next title and thought I would stick it up here too just for S & G's :happy:

we ended the day where we started thinking that the warmer weather might get something to go.... My bud hooked up in the tailout and after a couple spins she was gone
All in all not too much fish in the system and will hopfully pick up soon, a good sign though was the 2 steels we had on were both really fresh so...........

·
Registered
338 Posts
Right on! I had the same sort of Tuesday. I headed up to the Cowichan a little late because I didn't decide to go fishing until I saw the nice weather. Hit three spots, and encountered one fish in each, but either they were really small, or just way too tentative, because I never managed a proper hook set. The last one was definitely a steelhead though. I saw it roll in the sun when I hauled the hook out of its mouth. I bet when the water colours up a bit they'll bit harder.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Those pics are choice. I really like the one of Ribby! ;D..........You gittin' all those spots lined up for the L/M boys??......... ;)..................Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Some nice pic's there! My trip to the cow is comming up very soon like in 2-3 weeks! Love catching those browns very nice looking fish! All the steel i seem to find in the upper cow are already paired up with there mates in the shallows so we leave those alone! Some nice fresh fish there during march lastyear hopefully again thisyear!

CK

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Fishaholic said:
Shoot me a pm before ya come CK, either come up for a cast or have some info for ya :beerchug:
Fishaholic thanks for the offer/invite i will take ya up on it when i come over for sure! When i fish this river i usually walk the little path from around skutz downward and throw spinners with the trout and bring the drift rod too! always bring the camera because that part of the world is a beauty!

CK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.