BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the worst lakes, both polluted and having no fish

1.) trout lake, you know the one int he park in Vancouver
Rice lake is very polluted, very muddy too
and lost lagoon is just a dump that is so gross there...

Any other lakes in mind? :peace:

· Registered
452 Posts
Wasn't Deer Lake in Burnaby officially connected to sewage at one point? That is one nasty open slough. Have seen floating rainbows in there. Naasty.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
hmm have no idea about a body. but really how many people have drown over the years in numerous lakes? :confused: could dredge a body up in any body of water :'( but oh well i havent fished mill in about 3 years anyhow cause Timbers is way closer :thumbup:

· Registered
1,660 Posts
HOOK said:
no i havent because i have nice lakes closer to home to fish :thumbup: like Green Timbers, Lafarge, Mill :cheers: Rice is the one in North Van right?
How did Mill Lake make it on your nice lakes list??? :eek: My cousin twisted my arm to fish with him there years and years ago, and it took more than a week of scrubbing to get the green stain caused by the goose poop out of the bottom of my float tube. :wallbash: And all there were to catch were some tiny pellet mutants and some coarse fish. :p

· Banned
2,854 Posts
ok ok i was just listing a couple near me i have only fished it once. and it wasnt that bad then though :confused: guess its gone downhill since or something. i have been corrected if its a craphole now. but Green Timbers and Lafarge are nice lakes :thumbup:

· Registered
124 Posts
stone said:
HOOK said:
no i havent because i have nice lakes closer to home to fish :thumbup: like Green Timbers, Lafarge, Mill :cheers: Rice is the one in North Van right?
How did Mill Lake make it on your nice lakes list??? :eek: My cousin twisted my arm to fish with him there years and years ago, and it took more than a week of scrubbing to get the green stain caused by the goose poop out of the bottom of my float tube. :wallbash: And all there were to catch were some tiny pellet mutants and some coarse fish. :p
LOL

Whonnock last year was disgusting...the whole lake had a thick layer of duck poop. Although Como and Lafarge are "scenic" they are right in the middle of cities and I cannot see the water being very clean.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
This is a funny idea for a thread, very interesting. None of the lakes mentioned are "bad" lakes they are "urban" lakes of course they will be polluted. All you need to do is take a look at how most municipalities manage storm drain water to figure out the problem.

All the lakes listed are intended for children and the elderly- people who can't get to all the cool destination lakes we are lucky enough to frequent. When I was a boy growing up in abby Mill lake was great and I spent a tonne of time there soaking power bait and pounding the stockies. I haven't been there since I got a drivers license though and I am sure if I did go back I would think it was "bad."

The most dissapointing FV lake I have ever been to was Campbell near Harrison Hot Springs. We hike in for 2 hours just to find a not so attractive lake with an ATV trail cut in from some logging road. Nothing is more rewarding after a long strenuous hike than ATV noise, poor fishing, litter and so-so scenery :wallbash:

Oh well you live and learn won't be going back.

· Registered
334 Posts
I used to live beside Fishtrap Creek/Elwood Park in Abby. I've seen people "fishing" in there, whether they caught anything or not I don't know. It is maybe 3 ft deep at the most and is actually an overflow pond. I believe there may be crappies or bullfish in there. There is also a lot of garbageand is choked with weeds and lilypads. A little like mill lake actually. I can't help but laugh at those who bother to fish there. To each his own I guess.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.