BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find electrical parts for my 2003 Yamaha 75HP 2 Stroke. Have an intermittent problem with spark, don't want to have to buy a bunch of new parts to find out the issue. I'm located on Northern Vancouver Island. Any leads? Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
I would reference a local marina that should be able to help... there should be some junkers sitting around some where
in your neck of the woods. then there is always C. L. If you cant find...post your needs....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a bit of a look on Craigslist with no luck yet, I'll have to maybe make a post on there soon. Just trying to get some feelers out there, somebody has to have one in a scrap pile somewhere.

The problem is weak/no spark. Mostly on the number 2 cylinder. My mechanic said it could be a problem with the generator, the c.p. sensor, the wiring itself or finally the CDI box. Lots of expensive parts if I buy new, I was hoping to find someone who had the same outboard with a blown cylinder or something and I could just get everything I needed without having to guess which piece of the puzzle it was…I still have a couple of local places to check.

I appreciate any suggestions or leads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a place in Campbell River that has lots of outboards and used parts called Seaworthy Marine Recyclers. Even if he does not have what you are looking for he could direct you to another couple of places in CR that might, one on Dogwood and one run by a fellow named Sonney ( I think) who l think runs a shop on Perkins Road or therabouts. I seem to recall that yor engine has common heritage with a lot of 3cyl Yamies, have look on used north island for a fellow that advertises parts for enduros.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Yes there is a guy in CR that advertises on CL he will take any motor running or not. I'm guessing that's the guy.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts