BC Fishing Reports banner

Yamaha outboards - dealership support

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  MichaelR 
I had a bad experience with Checkpoint. I purchased a used 9.9 Yamaha last year, only used it a couple of times and had problems with it after two or three trips out on the water. I took it back to the shop and they told me the carb was gone and it was going to be three to four hundred to repair an eight hundred dollar motor. I asked if we could come to some sort of a warranty deal because the motor had seen so little use but they pretty much just pushed me out the door. Needless to say I won't be going back to Checkpoint ever again.

You hit the nail on the head Cascade! That was the reason why I was so apalled with Checkpoint's service. BUILDING A RELATIONSHIP! I'm a young guy with a reasonable amount of disposable income to blow on boats, motors, quads and other toys, it's is in their best intrests to appease me on a small item(we're talking 800 bucks here) for the expected payoff in the long run. I'm going to be buying all sorts of expensive items in years to come, only now not from Checkpoint. P.S I used a new 30 hp 4 stroke yamaha in Rivers Inlet this past weekend for about 40 hours and I was very impressed. I don't know the retail price but that is the kind quality I'm looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.