BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there was a topic on flyfishbc.com similar to this so here we go...post your dream boat description or picture here!

The best looking boats out of the states yet...PRECISION WELD....

My dream boat would be a Precision weld Custom series....
22 feet long, 9 feet wide with a 496ci kodiak jet putting out 425hp! A pig on gas, Hamiliton 241 hydraulic jet pump with a built in scott trim power nozzel= better fuel efficiency, faster plane, and wicked rooster tails!
fixed frame top, air ride seats, sleeper bench seats, anchor winch, high deck, medium size bench rails, spot lights, a built in sound system, reverse chine hull which allows for "better" fuel efficiency, launch rod holders, and teflon on the bottom.

There's just a brief description of my dream jet boat!

But looking in the near future I think a used Thunder Jet Luxor with all standard options and a 305 kodiak/vortec will do the trick ;)

Mike
<"))))))><

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I am going to follow Barb's lead and buy Mr. Norman out of his boat... anything that can carry a 43 sportfisher in it (as well as the waverunners, etc.) sounds like an ideal dream boat for me... would barely if ever have to come ashore, and would be able to go world wide (not to mention a BCFR Party or two aboard)!!

http://www.ssqq.com/archive/vinlin24.htm

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sweet Boats ;D :eek:

by the way just out of curiosity what do you guys burn in gph in a jet drive at cruising speed? say a 20 footer?

^^ ::) ^^

Buzz killer ...LOL

·
Registered
423 Posts
cruising speed is 3200-3400rpm, on a BFI kodiak 350 and a hamilton 212 I am getting 6.4-7.8 gallon per hour, which is pretty decent . we have customer boats running as low as 4.5 GPH but those are all 19 fters. and 350 fuel injected.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
tntmarine said:
cruising speed is 3200-3400rpm, on a BFI kodiak 350 and a hamilton 212 I am getting 6.4-7.8 gallon per hour, which is pretty decent . we have customer boats running as low as 4.5 GPH but those are all 19 fters. and 350 fuel injected.
Which impeller are they running?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Dreamboat?? She's only 5 ft. long and runs 6-7 miles per day, runs on regular fuel except a little "high test" on the weekends, has given me no problems over the last ten years, and I'm glad I married her! ;D ;D ;)
Ortho 8)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Bergler said:
tntmarine said:
Which impeller are they running?
Rick,

Most of the stock Hamilton pumps have been installed with the turbo impellor for overall performance.
When specing out a custom boat, you can choose any impellor you want based on your preferance and what you run most of the time..
A lot of the TJ's have the turbo impellor in the hammies,some of the 19 fters have the AT pumps though,they are a different kettle of fish... ::)

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Hey that looks like Rick's rocket right down to the empty rod holders and sixpack cooler.
Must have been undergoing see trials that day.... ;D
....I can't seem to find a single snap of my tub but when I do y'all in for a real treat. Nothing
"Uncle Binkie-ish" But still has character none the less...Marko... :D

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
LOL! I was actually guiding that day, so there was no beer on board! ;) I would have to say that the North Rivers are one of the nicest looking boats out there and pleasure to drive. When I bought this boat I did lost of research. I almost bought a Custom Weld, but when it cam down to actual weight and GPH the North River came out ahead! At 3,400 RPM's the NR burnt 7.9 GPH and the CW burnt 11.7 GPH at the same RPM and if I remember correctly, the NR was 200-300 lbs lighter with the same bottom thickness! I didn't test a Thunderjet because I didn't like the look but I am sure they are a good boat. All in all, the NR is an awesome boat and those who own would agree.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts